We are Ray and Kelli, counselors at City. Homeless and helping. Get out of debt. Policeman helps elderly man. Problem with debt. FAFSA mistakes. Dream job. Free in October. Ideal career. Changing a boy's world. Cyber crime. Places you don't want to move to. 40K scholarship. Bad ways to save money. 401(k) mistakes. Thank you to Kelli. Low-paying jobs. Teach English to students in China.

The veterans page: Honoring heroic dog. Honorably discharged veterans shop tax-free. Forever GI Bill. Father takes care of 4 children. Integrate Marine Training? Robotic legs. Costs of war. Saluting a fallen soldier. 300K Lotto winner. Vets and painkillers. Vet resources. Grandmother of veteran's family deported. Housing the homeless. Veteran finds healing through adopting a cat. Wounded Marines help others. Video: Soldier and dog greet each other after 6 months apart. Happy Veterans Day! Helping make a Marine's dream come true.

Empowering students to fulfill their dreams through education.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Academic Renewal

ForestWander Nature Photography, www.ForestWander.com

Want to raise your GPA? Here's how to do so without retaking classes. You can renew up to 12 units of substandard coursework (D's or F's) or 1 semester of substandard coursework (below 2.0 GPA). Conditions: One year has elapsed since the most recent courses to be renewed, you've completed at least 15 units with a 2.0 or higher GPA at a regionally accredited college since the courses to be renewed, and official transcripts from all colleges are on file. See a counselor for the petition.

According to Jennifer Atkins of UCSD, a course taken at a UC college for a substandard grade should only be retaken at a UC campus. This can be through cross enrollment or summer session, but not through Extension. If you receive a grade of "F" in a UC course and retake it at a non UC campus, both grades will be averaged. If you get a grade of "D" in a UC course and retake it at a non UC college, the repeated grade will be disregarded. Students who are not in good standing at a UC aren't eligible to attend another UC, but an exception can be requested. This info was forwarded by counselor Rudy Zamora.    

No comments:

Post a Comment