What is the LMU Noyce Scholarship?
It is a scholarship for talented math and science majors who want to pursue a career in K-12 Teaching.
How much is the award?
$20,000 per year
Who is eligible?
Junior and Senior Mathematics, Science and Engineering majors with a GPA of 3.0 or better in their major and an overall GPA of 2.8 or higher
What are the requirements?
• Scholars must be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
• Scholars must complete two years of service as a mathematics or science teacher in a high-need school for each year of scholarship support received.
• Scholars must obtain a preliminary teaching credential within two years of completing their Bachelors degree.
• Scholars must participate in the Noyce Urban Teachers Learning Seminars during their first year of teaching.
• Scholars must provide annual certification of employment, up-to-date contact information and participate in program surveys and research studies.
How many scholarships will be awarded for the 2015-2016 academic year?
When will applications be available?
Late November, 2014.
Who do I contact for more info?
Dr. Carolyn Viviano at NOYCE@lmu.edu