Welcome!

We are Ray and Georgina, counselors at City. Week of Service. Teens show kindness. Auction raises $3M. Are you ready for online learning? Roadblocks to getting into competitive universities. Community Colleges Train Doctors. On-site interviews. A dying father. 10K tip. Job Interviews at City College. Budgeting. Colleges that change lives. Jobs. Saving lives.

The veterans page: Crisis line. Military benefits. Veterans Day. Suicide awareness. A surprised 8-year-old. Honoring heroic dog. Honorably discharged veterans shop tax-free. Forever GI Bill. Father takes care of 4 children. Integrate Marine Training? Robotic legs. Costs of war. Saluting a fallen soldier. 300K Lotto winner. Vets and painkillers. Vet resources. Grandmother of veteran's family deported. Housing the homeless. Veteran finds healing through adopting a cat. Wounded Marines help others.


Empowering students to fulfill their dreams through education.



Saturday, July 1, 2017

Homeless Students



"I didn't have anywhere to go. I lived in my car. I didn't have my job anymore and I got evicted from my apartment," said (Jennifer) Carr, who is in her first semester at Wayne County Community College District in Detroit. "I was ashamed I was living in my car."

Homeless College Students A Growing Concern on Campuses appeared on Yahoo News on June 25, 2017.

Hungry and Homeless in College was published in the San Diego Free Press on March 27, 2017.

Help for homeless students at City College

Tally of Sheltered Homeless Falls Amid More Shelter Beds was published in the San Diego Union Tribune on July 1, 2017.

Gordon Walker Takes Helm At Homeless Task Force appeared in the San Diego Union Tribune on June 27, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment